Word Essential Skills
This course is designed for new users of Microsoft Office Word for Windows who are already familiar with a personal computer, Microsoft Windows and a mouse.
Our aim is to provide you with the necessary skills to produce documents using Microsoft Office Word for Windows (referred to throughout this document as Word). We will introduce many time-saving features using quick keys and short cuts.
Word is a document generating tool, which makes tasks like producing memos, letters and reports easy and efficient. In this course we cover basic features such as:
- Creating, saving (storing) and retrieving documents.
- Changing the appearance of a document by formatting text and paragraphs.
- Copying and moving text to save time.
- Using the proofing tools to ensure accuracy within a document.
- Printing a document.
It is important that you use your new skills as soon as possible on completion of this training course. We encourage you to take your own notes and to review this Course Guide once you are back at your workplace.
This course in conjunction with Word Timesaving Features, Word Long Documents and Word Graphs & Graphics covers the material examined in the MOS Word Core exam.
Anyone who wants to gain more confidence in using Word. Maybe you’ve just started using it in your new role or perhaps you’ve been using it for years but aren’t sure if you’re doing things the ‘right’ way. This course will give you the foundational skills and confidence you need to start using Word effectively.
It is essential that students have a good working knowledge of the fundamental concepts of the Windows environment and are familiar with file handling.
This course is designed to introduce you to Word which is an application for creating documents. We will be navigating the Word environment, creating saving and editing documents. We will also be formatting paragraphs and text whilst showing you easy ways to select and navigate using quick keys.
- The Word Window
- Creating and Editing Documents
- Using Print Preview and Page Setup
- Reviewing Ribbon and Handling Files
- Moving around your Document
- Using Go To
- Finding and Replacing Text
- Selecting Text
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting
- Smart Tags
- Formatting Text Characters
- Working with the Format Painter
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Setting, Clearing and Editing Tabs
- Checking Spelling, Thesaurus and
- Using AutoCorrect, AutoFormat as you
- Envelopes and Labels
- Setting Page Breaks and Printing